Letting Terms and Conditions
Nature of Letting – Our accommodation is available for short-term holiday letting or temporary stays and is not available for permanent living accommodation. The Owners of The Canal Barn retain at all times the right to terminate a letting without notice.
Reservations – Please complete the online booking form or call or email us to provisionally book your holiday accommodation. Please ensure that the number of people in your party is included on the booking form, indicating any persons who are under the age of 21. Provisional reservations will be held for 5 days.
Deposits – We require a deposit of 1/3 of the Rental Payable if the booking is made more than 10 weeks prior to the date of the letting. Reservations will not be binding upon the Owners until the deposit is received in cleared funds. Full payment will be required if the booking is made less than 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. In addition, a refundable deposit of £150 is required in case of damage to the property.
Balance of Rent – The balance of the Rental Payable is due 10 weeks before the start of your holiday. If we do not receive the balance by the due date, we reserve the right to re-let the reserved accommodation. Non-payment of the balance of the rental is treated as a cancellation (see below).
Cancellations – If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, please notify us in writing or by e-mail as soon as possible, and we will endeavour to re-let the accommodation. If we are successful in re-letting the accommodation we will refund:
- All monies paid less 30% (if notification is received before ten weeks from the start of your stay)
- All monies paid less 50% (if notification is received before six weeks from the start of your stay)
- All monies paid less 75% (if notification is received before four weeks from the start of your stay)
- Refunds will not normally be given in respect of bookings made less than four weeks before the start of your stay and are subject to the Owner’s discretion.
If the accommodation cannot be re-let, any outstanding balance of the full Rent Payable will become due.
Arrival and Departure – Unless otherwise agreed in writing, lettings commence at 3.00pm on the first day of the let, ending at 10.00 am on the day of departure, allowing time for cleaning of the property between visitors. Weekly lettings normally commence on a Saturday afternoon and finish on Saturday morning.
Linen – Bed linen and towels are provided by the Owners.
Cleaning Service – The accommodation should be left in a clean condition. If you do not have time to clean before you leave, a full cleaning service is available on request for an additional charge
The Guest agrees to the following terms and conditions:-
1.To take good care of the property and contents and to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting. A cleaning service is not provided during the course of the letting, but cleaning can be arranged with the Owners if required. If the property is left in an untidy condition, the Owners will arrange for the property to be cleaned to an acceptable standard and deduct the cost from the Guest’s deposit.
2. All breakage and damages must be reported to the Owners and must be paid for by the Guest before they leave the site. Guest’s should not attempt to replace a damaged item without consulting the Owner. The Owner may deduct sufficient funds from the Guest’s deposit to cover any damages/breakages that the Guest does not report during the stay.
3. To permit the Owners and Agents reasonable access to the property at all times in the case of an emergency.
4. Not to part with possession of the property, or share it except with the members of the party shown on the booking form.
5. Use of any amenities provided to the Guest are provided by the Owners to the Guest entirely at the Guest’s own risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any personal injuries or loss or damage to property.
6. This contract contains the whole agreement between the parties, the website, correspondence and advertising materials are offered in good faith, and neither they nor any oral representations made by the Owners or their Agents form any part of this agreement.
7. The Owners make no representation as to the state of condition of the property, nor to the position, type or state of the furnishings described on or shown in any literature.
8. If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is not available on the date booked including damage by fire, flood, storm, war, terrorism or other act beyond the control of the Owners or the property is unavailable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full but the applicants shall have no further claim against the Owners or Agents for holidays cancelled.
9. All complaints must be notified to the Owners immediately so that an on-site investigation can be made and, if necessary, remedial action taken. Under no circumstances will compensation be paid for complaints raised after the completion of the letting (which is not notified to the Owners during the letting).
10. If there is a material breach of these conditions, the Owners or their Agents reserve the right to terminate the letting without prejudice to any other rights and remedies the Owners may have against the Guest.
11. There is a set speed limit of 10mph on the property. Vehicles are parked on the site at their owner’s risk.
12. There is a NO SMOKING policy within The Canal Barn or near the farm buildings.
13. You undertake that only the agreed number of persons will occupy each property and whose details have been disclosed on the booking form. The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. Guests are responsible for any visitors they have to the property and for ensuring that they observe the terms and conditions of the letting.
14. All Guests and their visitors must endeavour to keep any noise at a level that will not disturb other people, especially between 22:00hrs and 08:00hrs. The playing of loud music or loud offensive behaviour is prohibited at all times and the Owners reserve the right to terminate the letting without notice if Guests cause a disturbance or nuisance either to another guest, or to the Owners of the site.
15. The contract is deemed to have been made at Upper Foxhangers Farm, Rowde, Devizes, Wiltshire, and will at all times be under the jurisdiction of English Law.
16. The Owners will make all reasonable provision for the accommodation of disabled people. If any members of the group require wheelchair access or provision made for the hard of hearing or suffering from impaired sight, they are asked to notify the Owners when returning the booking form.
18. The person signing the booking form must be a member of the party intending to occupy the property, be over eighteen years old, and certifies that he or she is authorised to agree to the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date.
Updated April 2018
Mr and Mrs P Dawe-Lane
Upper Foxhangers Farm
Telephone: 01380 728 883
By using the booking form on this website you agree with the storage and handling of your data. Please see our Privacy statement for full details.